When preparing this Holly Basket you will use both the joining technique and the weaving technique. The heart is made from three individual baskets; an inner joined heart with the holly leaves, then a woven basket with the berries and finally a golden woven basket with a handle keeping everything in place.
- Cut two pieces with the berries from Part 1. You may use one or two colours as you like.
- Cut one of each piece with leaves from Part 2 and Part 3. Here you must use 2 different colours.
- Cut two basket pieces and a handle from Part 4. Use one or two colours as you like
You prepare the Holly Basket like this:
- Weave the basket with the berries. You only need to secure the shape with a little glue at the small woven diamond at the top of the basket – on each face
- Join the two heart pieces with the holly leaves. Pull out the single leaf from the layer behind and place it in front of the three leaves. Do this for all four heart blades
- Weave the outer basket. Again you only need to secure the shape with a little glue at the small woven diamond at the top of the basket – on each face
- Add the handle to the outer basket
- Insert the joined heart with holly leaves in the woven basket with the berries. Pull forward the leaves so that the stems between the groups of barries do not show. Line up
- Place the holly heart in the basket with the handle. Line up.
And files for cutting: Heart 048 Holly cut 1 ; Heart 048 Holly cut 2 ; Heart 048 Holly cut 3 ; Heart 048 Holly cut 4
3 thoughts on “Heart #048 Holly”
This is beautiful!
Friti, I think this is cuter than the mistletoe. I think I have all the colors. I’m going to check it out.
If you do not have the colors exactly the same, you may use what you have. Just consider they must be contrasting. Actually I also made a heart in two shades of red (strong and dark) and then all the berries in gold. For the basket I used another kind of gold. That worked well.